step-by-step guide to setting up your BlueHost account!
You’re ready to start building your website, wooo! I use BlueHost as my web host and I’ve been very happy with them. I just pay $2.95/mo and that includes a free domain name! If you are confused as to what a web host really is, check out this blog post.
If you are using a different web host, such as SiteGround, Mom’s Make Cents has a great guide!
3. Choose a plan
You most likely just need the basic plan. Reasons for selecting a plus or prime plan include hosting more than one domain, connecting more than 5 email addresses to your domain, etc. You have the option to upgrade your plan at any point, so it’s best to start with basic until you need anything more.
4. Connect your domain
If you are creating a new domain:
- Enter your preferred domain name (web address)
- BlueHost will let you know whether that domain name is available or not. If unavailable, consider a new name (ex. katiemander.com –> katiemanderdesigns.com) or change .com to .co or .org (not recommended)
If you already own your domain:
- Simply enter your existing domain
5. Create your account
Once BlueHost knows what domain to use, you will be prompted to create your account.
6. Select package information
- I recommend choosing either a 36 month plan or 60 month plan, as they are the least expensive per month
- You pay for the entire plan up front, so the total cost will cover your hosting for the next 3 years (or whichever plan you choose)
- Select any optional add-ons (none are necessary as there are many great free backup systems)
7. Enter your payment information
8. Create your password
9. Congrats! You have a web hosting account!
Grab the FREE list of resources!
Find out what resources I used to quickly and successfully build, grow, and manage my blog and business!