Are you adding all of your content to Pinterest but not getting any traffic?
Although people consider Pinterest to be a social platform, it really is a visual search engine. And like other search engines, there are algorithms in place to show the best content first. Luckily, it is simple to create Pinterest graphics that people will want to repin, and I am going to show you how!
Important things to know about Pinterest
- There are over 150 million monthly active users on Pinterest
- There are more than 50 billion Pinterest pins on 1 billion boards
- 87% of Pinterest users have purchased a product because of Pinterest
- Longer half-life than Facebook. This means that it takes 3.5 months for a pin to get 50% of its engagement
- This is 1,680 times longer than a Facebook post!
- Call to action pin descriptions can increase engagement by 80%
- Red and orange images receive 200% more repins than blue images
- Light images receive 20 times more repins than images that are dark
- Pinterest images in a feed will only ever display as 238 pixels wide
- This means that it is much smarter to create portrait graphics, as landscape images or square images will be very small
- Longer pins will take up more space in a feed and will be more likely to capture the user’s attention
Selecting Pinterest Graphic will then bring you to the screen shown below.
The left-hand side of the screen shows Canva’s Pinterest layouts. Scroll through until you find one you want to use!
After you choose a layout, it will display with all of the filler content – as seen below.
Canva provides thousands of options to customize their layouts. On the left-hand side, you’ll see the tabs for Search, Layouts, Elements, Text, Background, and Uploads.
You can choose from a huge selection of free photos, icons, fonts, and backgrounds to alter the graphic in any way you want. You can also upload your own images to Canva. Don’t forget: use warm colors and light/bright images.
As you get more familiar with Canva, you can start designing graphics from scratch!
Canva automatically saves all of your designs, making it easy to use the same design for each blog graphic. This will make your pins more recognizable on Pinterest!
Grab the FREE list of resources!
Find out what resources I used to quickly and successfully build, grow, and manage my blog and business!